Sunday, August 8, 2010

salsa un-recipe

into the hot jars now

after the mixing and cooking

this is the first time I have canned salsa
it smells really good, too

So after canning for what felt like days on end last summer, during this winter, we realized that one of the things we often eat and didn't can was salsa!  With a good supply of tomatoes, I decided to make salsa.  I made a sort of "un-recipe" I call it, because I followed no particular recipe and can't remember what I did, exactly....  Then I further complicated the un-recipe by making another batch and not remember what I put into that!  (except more cilantro, less sugar and more crushed pepper)

But, here's how it all went down:

tomatoes
onions
garlic
roasted tomatillos
roasted bell peppers
roasted jalapeƱos
roasted garlic
cilantro
lime/lemon juice
salt
pepper
cumin
chili powder
crushed pepper
vinegar
sugar


And then it went down on a tortilla chip.  


  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stopping by to say Hi!.

I'm your newest follower.would be nice if you can follow back as below blog.

Thank you for share nice blog I like your post :-),


http://beonefineday.blogspot.com
Have a nice day.

Nan

What is this leisure time of which you speak?

my grateful button