Wednesday, August 11, 2010

monday blahs

I admit it.  Today I have only done what has to be done.  I ran some errands, took K, the neighbor girl to the dentist, rescued a chicken that had fallen off of a chicken truck.  You know, everyday farmhousewife stuff and then I came home to sit in the air conditioning and read the entire book "Louder Than Words" by Jenny McCarthy.  Then  I painted my nails with a color by Orly called 'Catch The Bouquet' (whatever!) - which must be discontinued because I did not find it on their website - however, because I only paid one dollar for it, I'm happy.

And now, I'm blogging!  

About that chicken.  When K and I were coming home from the dentist - I saw a chicken truck traveling our route home.  I wondered aloud, "maybe a chicken will fall off the truck" - since my husband has told me that it does indeed happen.  I never expected to come up on a chicken in the road, but I did.

You can imagine what I did.  I kept driving right on by stopped the mommyvan and pulled over, parking and turning on the hazard lights.  I listened for trucks and went across the road to get this poor (huge!) chicken, or,  Rooster I think.  He did not know what to do.  It was like watching a child that's never seen dirt before walk on a dirt road.  I picked him up and looked for major injuries - he was bleeding in a couple places but not bad so I put him in the back of the mommyvan.  I even turned the rear a/c on for him.  SUCH a bleeding heart, I know.

K was screeching at this point, "I can't believe you're putting that thing in the car - I'll drive if you want to hold him".  haha!  poor thing.  Not only did she have to go to the dentist today, AND pick up a chicken - but it's her birthday - and the 16th at that!  Happy Birthday Special K!

I wanted to call him Foghorn Leghorn but husband wants to call him RoadRash.  Either one works.

He really did fall off the truck.  Poor guy.

About that book - I highly recommend it - touched by Autism or not.  I had a lump in my throat by page 6 and couldn't put it down.  Disclaimer:  if you can't handle a few cuss words - don't pick it up.  It is, afterall, written by Jenny McCarthy, people.





      

5 comments:

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

That is one handsome chicken! I dream of having them someday and I would have looked at it as fate and would have picked him up too! I think both names fit him--Are you going to keep him, or eat him? :-))) Enjoy your day--It's nice sometimes to do only what you have too...Those are my favorite kind of days!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Oh HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your daughter!!!

Cindi said...

Road rash is perfect! lol

amothersheartinwords said...

Thanks Kim! Oh, but K is not my daughter - although I care for her like she is! She's my friend's (neighbor) daughter ;)

Thanks Cin!

Miriam said...

You weren't a slacker today - you were a hero! It's not every day someone can rescue a fallen rooster.

What is this leisure time of which you speak?

my grateful button