Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I did

something spectacular yesterday. (no, I still have not fixed the letter "e" on the keyboard, it slows me down, keeps my humble in regards to my typing skills) I made pesto. Basil, garlic, pine nuts, (okay, so I substituted almonds because I had no pine nuts, but still) EVOO, and a squeeze of lemon juice (so I forgot the lemon juice, so what. just keepin' it real) and it tasted awesome. So I put it in a can/freeze pint jar and stuck it in the freezer for a day when the fresh basil right outside the door is no longer readily available (read: 16 degrees in January).

Life IS good.

Today I really MUST make some tomato sauce with the 20 odd pounds of tomatoes sitting on my kitchen table.

No comments:

What is this leisure time of which you speak?

my grateful button