Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I made

spaghetti sauce. It didn't turn out quite as good as the one I made last summer. Could have something to do with the fact that I lost the original recipe. (which promptly motivated me to 'organize' my recipes, which I just had to shove off the keyboard of the computer to get here)

I'm out of onions. Crisis, I know. So that means I can't correct my mistake until I get shopping. Something else I realized I'd forgotten was the green pepper, and I have absolutely no excuse. There are three exquisite looking peppers out in the garden. I also omitted carrots and celery for no other reason than sheer laziness (by the way, I made the sauce LAST week, and sheer laziness has pre-empted blogging...) and misplaced recipe card. Oh, see, the card says I also forgot the thyme and lemon juice.

It could have been the red wine I was taste testing (read: drinking) while I was cooking the sauce. (no pun intended, but suddenly humorous)

~Dreamy sigh~ Ahh, but the fresh tomatoes off the vine have been glorious. Today I had for lunch my favorite (one of 10,000) foods; sliced tomato, mozzarella and basil. A little salt. Lunch is served.

I suppose one could get fancy and break out the freshly ground black pepper and the aged balsamic vinegar and a spot of evoo, but I was (again) lazy. And hungry.

Thank you Annie, for introducing me to that delicious 'any-time' food. And thank you dirt, sun, and rain, for giving me my tomatoes.

Because they are so prolific, I have plenty of tomatoes to make sauce again, if I don't suddenly experience a rush of blog-energy.

Until then,

Hope Farms Tomato Contessa

No comments:

What is this leisure time of which you speak?

my grateful button