Thursday, July 1, 2010

how to tell when you're having a really good day

Sometimes the phone ringing can be just another distraction to me.  Other times it is quite literally a lifeline to the "outside world".  And then there are those times when you just want to turn the ringer off and/or unplug it.

It was one of those days that started out "uh-oh" and then became an "aaahhh".  How did I know that I had reached the "aaahh"?  Because someone called me and had the wrong number.  And I was nice.  EXTREMELY nice.  So nice that they thanked me for being so nice.

I made friends with Ma Bell at that very moment.

1 comment:

Cherie said...

I love the picture in your header. Such a great home!

Yes, I have a real love/hate thing going on with the phone as well. I generally don't answer if I don't know who it is. Writing is so much.... quieter.

What is this leisure time of which you speak?

my grateful button