Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A Month of Not-So-Much-Time for Blogging

Around here, where hope grows wild, we've been busying ourselves with pruning, trimming, and getting an ancient rototiller to work. The weather has been mild, which is nice, and cuts down on almost daily trips to the neighbors parcel of land to cut wood.

Robins have been sighted. And pear trees are budding. But will spring really spring this early?

Locals here tell of an annual freeze around Easter here. Last year, I hadn't listened to any of them, and went ahead and planted some flowers, and I lost most of them to the frost.

What else. Gosh, you know what? I putz around here most days and funny blog-worthy thoughts dash through my field mouse brain, and I think to myself, I've got to remember to write about that. I need a voice recorder. Because, as I sit here this morning, nothing comes to mind.

I guess the biggest thing is that on March 6th, we'll have been here one year. And a lot has changed. We now sleep on a hand-me-down king sized bed, as opposed to folded up carpet padding and two outdoor furniture cusions with a couple baby blankets thrown over the top, while waking every two hours to throw scrap wood on the fire. Yes, it was much like camping.

And while I could boast that 'we' have accomplished much, really, it comes down to making different decisions, much prayer, blessings from people around us, and God's hand in our lives. No matter where you are, there is no place like Home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is so AWESOME to see you blog again. I've missed it and wondered what you were up to. I can only imagine how busy you are each day and often envy that. I've gone stir crazy without enough to do on cold days but can see the light at the end of the tunnel now.

LOVE YOU!
MISS YOU!
Welcome back.

What is this leisure time of which you speak?

my grateful button