Sunday, August 15, 2010

pantyhose, a good jelly bag does not make

We picked, for the very first time in over three years, our Concord grapes the other day.  I cooked them in my slow cooker, crushing them gently and put them through my food mill and then strained the juice and let it sit for 24 hours.  Then, I poured the juice through one leg of some panty-hose I will miss never ever wear to keep the crystals that formed from going into the jelly and making it either a.)  not set up properly or b.)  look ugly unsightly.

In keeping with the reality of farmhouse living, I present to you, in true Pioneer Woman style, a couple "Keepin' it real" pictures of why I titled this post as I did.


I did get it off the wall, but it stained.  Thank goodness for good 'ole Clorox Bleach.  The evidence is gone.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Thank goodness the clorox bleach worked!

Sounds like delicious jam in the making!

XO,
Valerie

My Groovy Entropy said...

No, but they do make cool sock dolls.

What is this leisure time of which you speak?

my grateful button